Skip to content

HowTo solve Windows 10 MTP Device a Service Installation failure with INF is Invalid


MTP Device Driver

This annoying error troubles lately many users (including me). I killed significant amount of time to solve it, so here I share it, hoping to save hustle and bustle for somebody else.

With a reverence to KP_9529 and his answer here I’d like to add only one remark in the steps below:

  1. Open C:\Windows\INF with administrative privileges

2017-03-22_11-16-33

2. Type “wpdmtp.inf” in search bar provided to the right of the address bar in Windows 10.

3. Once found, right click on it and select install.

4. Connect your device to the pc.

Hope to be successful.

Visual Studio 2015 External Tools arguments usage


Lately I’ve encountered problems with the usage of predefined variables available for External Tools in Visual Studio 2015. The problem was that I needed to pass the file currently opened in the VS Editor to external process.

The good part it that documentation for this tool (External) is available here. The bad part is that description exposed for available variables is quite parsimonious.

For a file there are actually three options:

  1. $(ItemPath) – The complete file name of the current file (drive + path + file name).
  2. $(ItemFilename) – The file name of the current file (file name).
  3. $(ItemExt) – The file name extension of the current file.

So far, so good. The wicked thing is that $(ItemPath) is with extension, i.e. fully qualified name, while $(ItemFilename) is without. But $(ItemExt) contains a dot as first character!

So the values for the above three variables would be:

  1. d:\full\path\to\the\file\name.ext
  2. name (I’m not aware of why not name. for example)
  3. .ext (… why not ext [without dot] for example)

Conclusion

For absolute path – use item 1. For relative path use item 2 and 3 concatenated as shown in the picture below – i.e. $(ItemFilename)$(ItemExt) not $(ItemFilename).$(ItemExt)

msvsextools.png

It is my mistake that I do not read documentation properly, but anyway I’d like to warn other lost souls that might bump in this.

PS

The most wicked of of all is that in VS2015 Arguments field length is 251 chars!

JavaScript: date with leading zeros


Seeing lot of questions (and answers) to this problem here is another posible solutions using regex, which I didn’t find so far.

First a set up

We need a date as a string, so let’s create one, define a separator and transform it into a string as a short date format.

var dt = new Date(2016,5,1); // just for the test
var separator = '.';
var strDate = (dt.getFullYear() + separator + (dt.getMonth() + 1) + separator + dt.getDate());

So far the result will be

2016.6.1

We’d like to add zeros and transform it into

2016.06.01

To do this we apply a regex

/\b\d{1}\b/

stating that we’re looking for single figure into a boundary (dots in the case)
if something is found we concatenate a leading zero to it.
So here it is:

strDate = strDate.replace(/(\b\d{1}\b)/g, "0$1")
alert(strDate + '; reversed: '+ strDate.split(separator).reverse().join(separator));

Test it here or try it yourself!

Image

Честита Баба Марта!


877989-1-19-4-1-pizho_penda_rakavi

Image

Happy Holidays


Merry-Christmas-Images-Free-Download-1

Could not find schema information for the element ‘oracle.manageddataaccess.client’


Lately I had to come up with a solution about this problem. Albeit Visual Studio (2015) issued only a Message the Release compilation resulted always with an empty oracle.manageddataaccess.client tag deleting all children. This in consequence crashed the connection to Oracle. How easier would be if Oracle would supply a simple xsd file! But they do not – at least with the last (4.121.2.0) version.

Unfortunately, I failed to find any solution for Oracle 12c. Those circulating for version 11 do not work because of the different DLLs.

After three days hustle and bustle the solution turns out to be quite obvious and easy. Hoping to save some time to anyone facing this problem, here are the steps (I used Visual Studio, but any other XML/XSD editor will do the same I believe).

  1. Copy the node with all its contents into a new XML file.
  2. Open it.
  3. From XML menu chose Create Schema
  4. Save the new (XSD) file. I did it in the root folder, but it is a free choice.
  5. Activate/Open app.config (web.config) file
  6. From XML menu chose Schemas…
  7. The new file should be visible in the list or (if not) use Add button
  8. Set a tick on the most left column if it does not exists.
  9. Save and close

The problem should disappear.

You do not have sufficient privilege to access IIS web sites on your machine


Most of Visual Studio users probably had stumbled upon “You do not have sufficient privilege to access IIS web sites on your machine” message while trying to launch site or application on their local machine for debugging.

Various paths to solve this exist on the net, but I found (I am not the first one probably) an easier one, suitable for Windows 8.1. Without poking into registry, solution files, security settings, etc. I’ve made some screenshots in an attempt to make it easier to understand.

  1. IIS-privilege-01
  2. IIS-privilege-02
  3. IIS-privilege-03
  4. IIS-privilege-04
  5. IIS-privilege-05
  6. IIS-privilege-06

That’s it. No more “privilege” hurdles. Hope this will help you also. Thank you for reading.